POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Firm Manager
The Meyer Law Office, PC, a progressive immigration law and criminal defense firm comprised of four attorneys and three support staff located in Denver, Colorado, seeks a well-qualified candidate to serve as a full-time firm manager.
Position Duties and Competencies:
The firm manager ensures organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the firm’s internal functions. Working alongside the principal attorney, the firm manager also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices.
Candidates should have a strong foundation in organizational and client management, billing, experience supervising staff, delegating tasks, and promoting procedural improvements. The position requires attention to detail, strong time management skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively, ability to implement and improve processes, and good judgment when interacting with clients, attorneys, and staff.
Position responsibilities include:
- Assist in day-to-day management of staff and implement training and skills building plans for staff.
- Organize orientation and training for new employees.
- Manage internal systems, including phones, computers, and printers to ensure firm’s productivity.
- Oversee filing and record keeping systems to ensure integrity of data, and implement procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Manage client questions concerning payments and billing.
- In coordination with the Attorney, manage client relationships to ensure efficient preparation of cases.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal Attorney.
- Must be fully bilingual in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Prior experience working in a law firm preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work with and engage diverse communities.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work under deadlines.
- Good judgment and the capacity to evaluate strategic opportunities.
- Demonstrate commitment to immigrant rights, a healthy distrust of arbitrary government, and a willingness to advocate creatively on behalf of clients.
The Meyer Law Office, PC offers a competitive salary and benefits, including generous health care coverage, retirement benefits, and paid time off.
We are looking to fill the position as soon as practicable. Send tailored cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample to Hans Meyer, Principal Attorney, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Full consideration will be given to those who apply by March 28, 2016, but applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About the Meyer Law Office, PC:
The Meyer Law Office, PC is a growing practice with a focus on immigration law, removal defense, and criminal defense. In addition, the firm works closely with civil rights organizations and community groups to advance and protect immigrant rights through advocacy, constitutional litigation, popular education, media outreach, and policy reform.
The Meyer Law Office, PC is dedicated to equal opportunity and encourages people of color, women, members of the LGBT community, immigrants, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented communities to apply.
To view the PDF version of this announcement, please click here: MLO Firm Manager announcement